Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Western states roll out the welcome mat for Oregon's businesses

The Portland Business Journal reports that recruiters in Idaho, Montana and Washington believe January’s voter-approved corporate tax hikes have made Oregon businesses vulnerable to relocation overtures.

Bruce Hanna is the minority leader of the Oregon House of Representatives. He also owns a beverage bottling business and distribution business in southern Oregon. In an Oregonian op-ed, he reports:

As a business owner, I recently received a letter from Idaho Gov. Butch Otter inviting me to bring my company and my jobs to his state. Although I have no intention of leaving Oregon, I'm deeply concerned when other states and cities are actively courting our businesses. Otter recently told The Associated Press that his phone has been "ringing off the hook" from Oregon businesses since Measures 66 and 67 passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment